My time at Beyond Distance is coming to an end and I felt this was a good time to look back at some achievements during my work with DUCKLING, OTTER and the entire Beyond Distance team that I value most.
- DUCKLING in an eggshell. This poster an attempt to crack out of the typical ‘research project-poster’ style and is one of the deliverables of the DUCKLING project.
- Being an award winning OTTER. I previously blogged about this but winning the virtual poster competition, but the chance to caricature all the OTTER team stands out for me. One team member even used his picture in his Facebook profile picture!
- Producing 438 credits worth of OERs (with the OTTER team). The team went above and beyond the call of duty (i.e funder’s requirements) by producing such an impressive amount of credits. Take a look through our repository and let us know what you think!
- A new Media Zoo banner and logo. The Media Zoo website has moved into Plone (our content management system) and with it comes a new banner and logo. I’m pleased with my attempt at capturing the feel of the physical zoo with the array animals that ‘live’ there.
- Learning Futures Festival Online 2010. To be part of an 8 day 24/7 online conference was a huge achievement during a snowy January that brought the UK to a standstill. What makes this an even greater achievement is that we released over 75% of the keynotes, workshops and paper presentations as OERs.
And one more thing that I’m proud of is the small amount of photos of me that exist during my time here, to which my colleagues can testify! As someone who does npot enjoy getting their photo taken this is definitely an achievement.
Finally could I take this opportunity to wish everyone at Beyond Distance and other colleagues at the University of Leicester the very best for the future while I (hopefully) say ‘hello’ to new opportunities.